Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Chimichurri Sauce

The first time I ever tried chimichurri I loved it.  So fresh tasting with a bold garlic flavor.  My coworker makes a fantastic chimichurri however doesn't really have a 'recipe' she just throws stuff together.  I finally decided to try to make my own based on her recipe and one I found in a fitness magazine.  It turns out that with chimichurri, it really is an unspecific process of adding more of something to improve the flavor.

The ingredients I used were:

large handful of parsley
large handful of cilantro (with a little more to adjust the flavor)
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 serrano pepper
5 cloves of garlic (more or less depending on your preference)
7-8 oz. extra virgin olive oil
dash of lemon juice
You literally throw everything in the food processor and combine.
After initially blending it, I tasted it and added a little more cilantro because the parsley was too strong.  I also added more olive oil because it was a little thick still.

In the end, it tasted great and I can't wait to have it over skirt steak later this week.  For now, it is in the fridge  becoming more tasty by the day.
For how much went into the food processor, it is funny that this is all it made.


P.S. Not only is this great over a steak or chicken, it makes a fantastic dip for bread!

P.P.S. Make sure whoever you plan on kissing has enjoyed some chimichurri too...it is garlicky!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...