Thursday, April 7, 2011

Cinnamon Sugar Croissants

After making Cinnamon Roll Pancakes a few weeks ago, we had some left over cinnamon/sugar mixture.  It's been sitting in the fridge waiting to be used.  Finally, I came up with something to do with it!  Cinnamon Sugar Croissants!


Initially the cinnamon sugar filling for the pancakes began as:
1/2 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon


For the pancake recipe, all of this was combined and put into a plastic baggie.  After using what we needed for the recipe, I'm going to say that we had approximately a 1/4 of the mixture left in the baggie.  So if you are just going to make the Cinnamon Sugar Croissants, I'd reduce the above measurements to a 1/4 of what they are.  Otherwise, the only other things needed are crescent rolls and cream cheese (I used whipped cream cheese).



First, I mixed together approximately 4 oz of cream cheese and half of the cinnamon sugar mixture.

Next, I rolled out the crescent rolls and spread a spoonful over the dough before rolling it into the crescent shape.

I placed them on a sheet pan and then decided to add an additional swirl of cinnamon sugar over the top of the crescent rolls.

I baked them according to the directions on the crescent roll package.  A short time later, they came out looking like this:

They turned out lovely.  They weren't as sweet and overly indulgent as the pancakes and had just the right amount of sweetness and creaminess.  
They were really easy to make and I think they would make great pastries in the morning for overnight guests.  My parents will be here next week, I guess we'll have to test these on them! 

ENJOY!
Photobucket





1 comment:

  1. YUMMY!!!!! I want to make these!! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...