Thursday, May 19, 2011

Mango Salsa

   We recently had mango salsa at a friends party and since we had some leftover mango we decided to make some for our last party. I looked up several different recipes but really didn't find one that I liked in full.  So, I decided to improvise our own, based on those I found.

Here is what I used:
~ 2 cups of ripe mango ( I used two kinds because I had it, one regular and one champagne mango)
~ 1 jalapeno
~ 1 small cucumber, peeled
~ 1/2 a red onion
~ Approx 1/4 cup of cilantro, depending on taste preference
~ 3 tablespoons of lime juice
~ salt and pepper to taste


I chopped the mango, cucumber and cilantro but diced the jalapeno and onion.  I removed most of the seeds and ribs of the jalapeno before dicing as it didn't want it too hot for mixed company.

I added the lime juice and a little salt and pepper then mixed it all together. When I tasted it initially it was just okay.  However, after sitting over night and all of the flavors merging together, it tasted really good the next day in time for the party. The onion and cucumber had softened from the juices and it all had a nice fresh taste.

I also like it for the vibrant colors it adds to a food display!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. That looks really good, I love mango salsas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously can't get enough mango right now! If I wasn't at work right now, I would be making some salmon to go along with this! Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...