We purchased four styrofoam balls (two that were 4", one 8" and one 10"). We painted them a shade of brown so that the white was not seen in between the corks. I hung them to dry overnight.
Next, I hot glued the corks on one by one... This took HOURS to do all four balls. I would not recommend starting this project unless you don't mind delayed gratification! I finished them within two days, thankfully a Jurassic Park marathon was on to help pass the time the second day!
I glued a line of corks around the center and then filled in one half. Then I flipped it over and filled in the other half row by row. Occasionally the bottom of a cork had to be trimmed down some to fit into a tighter space.
Here they are finished!
We put the largest one and one of the small ones up by the wine crates we had from out wedding. We put the other two above the cabinets in the kitchen.
Thanks PJ for sharing this project! Even though it was really time consuming, I think it was definitely worth it. These turned out really cool!