Sunday, June 19, 2011

Modified Windchime

My sister in law gave us a windchime as a house warming gift.  It was really pretty sounding and came with glass weights that you could change out depending on the season.  Well, that only lasted a short time as it would bang against our house when a big gust of wind came (which has been frequently recently) and the 'sun' glass weight that was on there broke in half.


I figured I'd attach something a little more durable.  I simply put double sided tape around a quarter.

Then I wrapped the whole thing in twine, with a loop created at the top.

I then put a layer of Outdoor Mod Podge all over it and let it dry.

Finally, I hung it where the glass sun was hanging.  (Hard to fully see it as the wind was of course blowing pretty hard).  

Problem Solved!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...