Friday, July 1, 2011

Easy, Delicious Chicken Dinner

This chicken dish is so easy to make and then chicken stays unbelievably moist.  I made green bean casserole and roasted red potatoes on the side.


I did the potatoes first as they will take the longest.  I cleaned and chopped the red skin potatoes into bite size pieces.  I tossed them with a dash of olive oil, italian seasoning, paprika, garlic salt and pepper.


I placed them on sheet pan and baked them for nearly an hour, flipping occasionally in a 350* oven.

Once that was in, I made the green bean casserole.  I use the recipe on the side of the French's fried onion can however I add slightly different seasoning for added flavor (minced onion, garlic salt and worcestershire sauce).





**Note, I actually prepared the green bean casserole the night before and then stuck in the the fridge.  I like the flavors to all blend together overnight.

I baked according to the package instructions.

Then I made the chicken.

For the chicken you will need:

2 chicken breasts
2-3 oz of dijon mustard
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
3 oz panko bread crumbs
dash of garlic salt
dash of pepper
dash italian seasoning
1-2 oz grated parmesan or shredded cheese

Heat the olive oil over medium heat.  Combine the bottom 5 ingredients to make a bread crumb mixture and place in a shallow dish or plate, set aside.  After cleaning the chicken, brush on the dijon mustard and then coat the chicken with the bread crumb mixture.  Place the coated chicken breasts in the heated oil.  Brown on each side (5 or so minutes each side).




Once each side is browned, cover pan in foil and place in a preheated oven of 350* and bake for 20-25 minutes.

They all came out of the oven around the same time and I plated them up!


Other than a little prepping, this meal is really easy to make and turns out great every time!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...